Our new research is designed to accompany marketers on their gender progress journey. It is based on the most comprehensive global analysis Kantar has ever undertaken to assess how women and men are portrayed in ads, and how they respond differently to marketing. All delivering fresh new insights into the role of gender in brand strategy, creative response and media targeting.
The overall aim is to help brands grow, by getting gender right.
Our top insights:
- Gender balanced brands drive far greater brand value. However, only one in three Belgium brands achieve this balance
- Analysis of Cannes award-winning ads from the past decade revealed men are 62% more likely to be shown as smart in advertising.
- Women are still over-targeted in categories like laundry and household products and under-targeted on automotive. However decision-making in Belgian households is rarely down to just one gender.
- Only 1 in 5 ads featuring women use humor, while this is 1 out of 2 ads when featuring men.
- Online ads are failing to deliver to (Belgian) Women
- Men and women handle ad avoidance differently
- Smart media optimization can help to make up for creative with skewed gender appeal
Take a look at our global report to find out more.
|Want to know more about how your brand is perceived? Please contact us!|